Search

Custom Search

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 13 - Someone you wish could forgive you

Dear Marty,

I've been dreading writing this letter, but just like the others its something I need to get out.  I dont know if you have forgiven me for all that I have said and done or not. Maybe you have.  I just feel the need to say a few things. It feels odd being in this city and actually being so close to where you live currently and never seeing you and never talking to you.  We had a bond that I have never had with anyone else.  I wish often that I could go back in time and change a few things...not alot. I would have still loved you as much as I did. However, it would not have been a romantic love and I would still have my friend right now

I learned something very powerful on Oprah yesterday. She said someone told her "Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could have been any different." So I am moving on from wondering what could have been. Actually I have moved on a while ago and I know you have too.  I spoke to our mutual friend about whether I should contact you to re-establish a friendship.  He said it would be a good idea but I never made the effort. After some thought I figured I should live well enough alone.  If we are meant to be friends again, time will do the work for us. I wish you well, I was thinking about you the other day...because it was Jahz's birthday...I didnt forget :)


Peace and blessings,


Kandi

No comments:

Post a Comment